Monday, October 5, 2009

Whaisee's Wedding Dinner





I left HK on Sat afternoon and dashed off to Whaisee's wedding banquet in the evening at PJ Hilton. It was quite a mad hurry, arrived home from the airport at 6.30, got ready within one hour and by 7.30 dashed off again and arrived just in time for the wedding couple to make their grand entrance.

But before that, there was a moment of panic when I could not find my car key, apparently my parents drove it to Kuantan for the weekend but luckily there was another car under the porch. Thanks to my bro's C200 Merc, with its single digit plate-number (which I later nonchalantly passed to the valet. I also can’t help but noticed the covert glances from people at the lobby...wink, wink....ooohhh i soo loved that moment!)

To compliment the car that I drove, I also looked HOT (even if I say so myself) in the black Club Monaco Monroe style LBD that showed lots of skin and cleavage (Karen will be envious if she were to see me that evening) but still managed to be demurely covered with the black shawl paid by my beloved buddy (thank you gift I supposed....but thanks so much!) at the airport shop.

Okay back to the wedding (being so full of myself again....), this is the final wedding for the Lee family. My dear (ex) housemate cum tuan-rumah when in HK, Whaisee Loong (as she is now should be known as) finally had her wedding reception.

After nearly a year of hearing the moans and groans (I mean the non-sexual type). More to do with frustrations of having to deal with too many debates and suggestions of interfering well-intentioned family members and new-in-laws which I guess are the normal pre-wedding dramas and rites of passage that one has to go through if one gets married. Especially if this is to be the first wedding in the groom's family and also, when the groom is the only son!

And it finally happened. Phew!!! Finally.....What a relief.....I am sure not only to the beautiful and radiant looking bride and groom, but also the close circle of friends that constantly have to hear the abovementioned complaints, moans and groans. WHAT A BIG RELIEF!!!!!!!!!! I also like the short but meaningful speech given by WC’s eldest brother. Quite touching….but that’s always the case with weddings….

Alas, it was a beautiful wedding... as any wedding ceremony should be.....any behind-the scenes dramas or hiccups could not be avoided but as long as everything went well and all guests left home fully-fed and happy and the anticipated angpows poured in, that's ALL THE MATTERS.....

(I wondered if the total angpow collection broke even the whole cost but I was too polite to ask).

Everybody left with smiles and thanks. Even yours truly...though tired that she was, left home happy....

Congratulations to Whaisee and Sze Peng!!!!!!

No comments: