Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My first bootcamp experience

Everybody laughed out loud when I told them I was going to join the Bootcamp. The idea that yours truly is going to embark on an extreme physical training is too ludicrous and funny to some people.
But I don't blame them....I've never been one for those sweaty, high-impact physical sports.

Why I did I decide to do this??? Hmm...several reasons actually:

- need to lose weight and get back into my fav Tommy pants (most of my clothes are too tight now and getting a whole new wardrobe is too expansive

- need to build my stamina and be more healthy for my own good

- need to build my mental strength, bootcamp is not easy and with all the discouraging remarks...I need to push myself mentally and physically..this is something I have to do before I hit 40..which is not too far now (uurrgghhh)

- the mental strength is another step towards my next plan in life...maybe embark in a small partnership somewhere interesting and exotic with Ms T (somewhere not too hot to give us wrinkles and not too hit to give us rheumatism). So if I could succeed with this...who knows what else I could do if I really push myself...hahaha...that remains to be seen

- need to tone my body and slim down and fit into that size 10 bikini! Actually this was the first and primary reason but I added those reasons mentioned-above to make it more worthwhile..



And so...armed with my strong motivation and brand new running shoes (just bought the night before), I went to the first trial on MOnday morning.

The trainers were young men, not bad looking but quite stern and being a Ms Wannabee...I know these boys are Commando Wannabees. They called themselves Captain, Corporal and Lans Corporal...just like in the army.

This is the trial week, the actual program will start in early November. The training will be for 4 months, 3 times a week from 0545 hours to 0645 hours (dear Lord....).

After laying down the house rules, the torment began....

The first 5 minutes went well, then 10 minutes was still okay but after 15 minutes....I was dying!!!
Talk about lying in your own pool of vomit! I vomited, vomited and vomited!!! If I could bleed, I would have bled to death. It was sooo excruciatingly humiliating!!! I was past being embarrassed.....
As other went ahead with their training...I was on the ground...on the muddy field...spattered with mud and god knows what else (unfortunately it rained the night before, hence the muddy ground).

Could not even get up from the wet ground to save my life (for this Ms Wannabee...to be laying down on the grass and muddy ground without any mat or protection from the 'soil'...this is REALLY, EXTREMELY EXTREME!!! She never ever touches the ground without a mat and there she was...laying down IN THE MUD, NEXT TO HER OWN POOL OF VOMIT..EEEEEUUUUWWWWWWW

I wanted to give up at that time. This is not for me, there is always Marie France if I want a slim body. But I could not even move and was still retching up my banana breakfast. Sungguh memalukan....

I tried to go back again but after 2 attempts (after several steps) I dropped again. I was too dizzy to stand and COULD NOT move even a step forward. I wanted them to call the paramedics but nobody was looking at my direction...everybody was busy with their training.

Had I had my car keys with me at that time I would have crawled back and gone straight to Marie France. But earlier, they made us leave our car keys with them...for security purpose. But now I know...they also made it hard for you to leave.

Finally the fainting spell and dizziness died down. I was not dying after all.....and I could move and get up without wanting to throw up again.

And so...Ms Wannabee who wants to be in Bootcamp, staggered back to her team much to the surprise of the trainers and others.

Just like Goldie Hawn in Private Benjamin, I walked back into the field and joined in the group for the final round of exercise...even though it was only for the last 10 minutes.

I know my limits now....low impact yes...high impact no! However...I still have traces of Mat Kilau DNA in me (being born in Pahang...that's the only think I could be proud of)....and so...I SHALL NOT not give up.

Ms Wannabee shall go on with the Bootcamp until...officially kicked out by the Bootcamp trainers.

And so...the painful, laborious, breathless journey towards size 10 bikini shall go on for Ms Wannabee...

No comments: