Friday, October 17, 2008

The Eid Week - 05 Oct 2008

It’s been nearly a week since I got home, celebrating this Eid (Hari Raya).
Yeah…family ties were strengthened and rekindled. I can’t really say that I relish it but it was something that had to be done, a duty to perform. Nevertheless, I enjoyed myself, yeah I did... Not to mention that I really stuffed myself to the gills (not that I have any). But I swear that my pants and sarong have become tighter since last week. Not good at all.

Oh well….it was fun, enjoyable but also exhausting catching up with relatives and friends.
Absence makes the heart grows fonder…it’s good to keep these ‘home’ trips short and sweet. Longer than one week will over do it.

I’ll probably not stay longer than 10 days and during these times I’ll be rushing about here and there trying to squeeze in all the activities below:-
  • Visitng my siblings, close friends and relatives;
  • Marketing trips with my mom (the mother/daughter bonding thingy);
  • Spa time with the ‘gals’ (time to update each other with the latest gossips and love lives);
  • Touch base with the ‘ex’ (still a kind of investment portfolio to look into once in a while 'just in case');
  • Being the perfect and attentive aunty Cici to my nephews and niece (another investment for my old age, just in case I remain a singleton past 50, I'll need somewhere 'free' to retire);
  • And of course, having a drink (or two) at Luna Bar with my closest friends (non-alcoholic of course....).

I must say, except for the part when my handphone got stolen, everything else went well during this trip. But the lost handphone was not too much of a big deal coz I was still at home and not in the middle of nowhere.

I wanna have a perfect trip and this time, I got it!


No comments: