Friday, October 17, 2008

The Homecoming Queen - 29 September 2008

I am on my way back home now, travelling back with Suaimi by my side. It’s nice to be travelling along with a buddy one in a while….especially when you are going back for holiday. It’s going to be a full week away from the office. When I return to HK, I will have Bard as my travelling companion. Not a lonesome trip this time. Gosh! I could get used to this!

I am looking forward to this holiday! But the main reason of my joy is not the going home, nor the upcoming reunion with beloved family members….it is the thought of being away from the office. YAAAAYYYYY!!!!
That shows how much I love my work…haha!!

On a separate note, yesterday I was mistaken as a friend’s mom (yikes!), as an Indonesian and also a Filipino. Duhhhhhhh….. Can’t help it that I really look like these people…it’s my colouring, I have all sorts of exotic blood in my lineage (hahah!!)… Anyway, I have a pure Asian look, no mistaken about it and in HK, this is often mistaken for a Filipino or Indonesian maid.
It is insulting at times but it’s funny too. My mistaken identity has often been a good topic of laughter among my friends and I am the butt of the jokes…yikes!

Oh well….can’t take offence to these kinda things, it’s not worth it. Stereotyping is part of human nature. We (and even yours truly) tend to stereotype people based on their looks, dressing, skin colour, etc, etc….

I wanna be me! I know who I am and am proud of ‘me’, that’s all that matters.

________________________________________________________

Are you high?” Karen asked me last night. Haha!! I was in my usual chirpy mood but I guess I was more exuberant last night (the Malay word would be ‘galak sangat’). Must be the heady combination of having a successful weekend based on 2 main activities:

1) Playing Domestic Goddess in Linda’s kitchen (I am a shamelessly domestic goddess wannabee and all those hours watching those house/kitchen ‘make-over’ programmes really paid off). Thanks to Linda, for allowing me to ‘play house’ in her kitchen. I felt like Nigella Lawson and Martha Stewart rolled into one.
LUV IT!

2) I had had such a successful time shopping ‘economically’ in the kind of places that I never ever shopped before in HK.

It was AMAZING! I only spent a fraction of my spending money and I managed to get soooooooo many great things for my darling niece and nephews and also parents. It was sooo exciting!!!!

Only a true-blooded shopaholic will understand and appreciate the kind of ‘high’ that I am feeling. Uuummmmmmmm (it’s that feeling of contentment and full satisfaction….from shopping, that’s what I’m talking about here, no sexual pun intended…hehehe)
I'm a Shopaholic Domestic Goddess Wannabe!

No comments: