Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The much anticipated Hari Raya Open House

Sincere apologies if any of my friends especially those mentioned below got offended during the past weeks. It was the excitement of the occasion plus me in my 'onsite' working mode. I guess I can't help it, event management is my bread and butter.............

This much anticipated event has been brewing for quite sometime and finally the event took place on Sunday, 26 Oct. It was called 'joint open house' since there were 5 o us co-hosting this event (Bard, Linda, Azam, Suaimi and me).

What a grand feast it was. Ketupat, lemang, roti jala, nasi tomato, beef curry, chicken kurma, dalca, kuah lontong, kuah kacang.....we had it all. And the best part was it was all home-cooked by us.

Even then, there would have been more items in the menu had we had more resources and energy but it was just too much plus we didn't have any more pots and pans big enough to accommodate cooking for 80-100 pax! It was no joke.....

Bard likened the cooking activities as "Hell Kitchen" but to me it was more like a typical onsite activity. In the wee hours of Sunday morning at 4am, we were still cooking up a storm.

It was fun, doing this together with friends and buddies. Seeing friends and guests enjoying the food that we cooked ourselves was well worth all the aches and pain that came with it. Never mind that we only had less than 2 hours of sleep. It was crazy!!

Although I can't say if my fellow buddies Bard, Linda, Azam and Suaimi thought the same way too. I guess they saw the control freak in me what with my onsite schedules, marketing list and barking out orders and instructions just like an Army General Wannabe...hehe....

Thanks all......

3 comments:

bard said...

Thank you too for the hard working!! hahaha...i have to admit that i do enjoy see other people enjoy with our dishes...so that kita tak da la perasan sendiri...hehehe...kannnn???

Next year do it againn???

Ms Wannabe said...

Next year?? Same menu???
Oh tidak!!!!

bard said...

next year different menu la pulak....one type of menu saja!! not going to repeat the same thing...bole membawa kepada pendek umur!! tak cukup tidorr!!