Friday, January 23, 2009

Angpow Time!



Kong Xi Faa Chai!

This is my second Lunar Celebration in HK. For first timers in HK, it is a must to go to the Victoria Park flower market on the eve of the CNY and watch the CNY parade with the spectacular fireworks show in TST. Already did that last year, so this year was mostly spent chilling out plus 'menternak badan' (eating) with friends.

We walked thru the Lamma Island this time. I was quite proud coz I've been reading a lot about the island, first becuse it was the birthplace of Chow Yuen Fatt (my fav HK actor) and second because Robert, my very very favvvvvvv ex colleague lives there. And so...I became the tour guide for the day.

Ihe long weekend passed so fast, coming back to office yesterday and today was such a drag. But it was a 'must' to come back to work yesterday, to collect 'lai see' (angpows).

And I must say...it was worth the effort ....quite an impressive collection compared to last year. I feel quiet embarrassed to be collecting so much, even from the junior staffs but they are married and as others pointed out to me...it is customary for the married to give to singletons so just accept and say thank you. And soo...the whole day in the office, I have been wishing everybody

"Shin ning quai le" "Kong xi faa chai"!!!!!!!!

Also receive another pleasant surprise...a free ticket home!!! That was totally unexpected but thank you nevertheless....

May this lunar year bring us more joy, good health, better friends, long lasting romance and prosperity !!!!

And of course, Ms Wannabee's favourite sentiment, world peace...................................

PS: My immediate boss gave me a rather big angpow...I'm estatic of course but reality came knocking back....

That means now I am even more obligated (to HER not to the company) to come to work early and be more dilligent and hard working....Aiyaaa!!! Kow-chor ahhhhhhh!!!

Katam & Tahlil, Saturday 24Jan

Just reporting that the tahlil and katam went smoothly. I had my khatam, had to do a spot of public reading which was quite embarrassing but finally got it done with and we did tahlil for the dearly departed plus doa selamat for Bard's mom who will undergo a surgery soon. Of course, food was the main agenda...pulut kuning, roti jala, rendang, curry, pudding, cup cakes....needless to say...I don't think I can look at pulut for the the next 3 months.

All this eating-eating is doing me no good. The waistline is expanding rapidly and if I don't watch it, soon I'll be needing a whole new wardrobe again! Of course, Bard will always say that I'm just looking for an excuse to shop for new clothes but really!!! I am putting on weight!!!!

I really have to do something about this. That means less eating but unfortunately...I'm turning into my dad....always have good appetite for food. Having friends who are foodies as well do not help either.....I really ought to start exercising....

Badminton and tennis...seems like a good idea before but am too lazy to chase after the shuttle-cock/tennis ball.

Maybe....I should get that hula-hoop and skipping ropes that I see on tv... hhmmm...maybe that will work...

Ms Wannebee needs to go on diet!


2 comments:

cikhash-All4One said...

Salam..ayoo my cousin..u want to exercise aa..i never see u buat exercise or bersukan..NEVER... ok la aa...GOOD LUCK.

Ms Wannabe said...

Salam cousin....never seen my exercise eh? Of course la....kita asyik ada agenda lain aje kat KL hahaha!!! Tapi never to late kan?