Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter holiday...Being sick, packing and shopping frenzy

A week more to go and it will be exactly 2 years in this apartment. Then we’ll have to vacate this place. I’m moving to Bard’s temporarily until I leave KL and Whaisee will move to Linda’s before leaving for her Lijang trip.

At first we decided not to bring anything home but since I could not get rid of my bed..ohh what the heck…..might as well ship as much things as we could. The shipping cost??? Thanks to my generous employer, hopefully I don’t have to pay anything…,just be bonded to them for the next 5-10 years. Hahaha!!!

We’ve been having Easter holiday since Friday. I did not leave the house for the past 3 days…Amazing huh! Well…partly due to my not being well on the first and second day and then we got busy sorting out our stuff and packing our things for the impending move. It’s amazing what you accumulated for the past 2 years…..there were so much stuff that we both accumulated!!!! Clothes, shoes and books, and more clothes, shoes and book and also bags….

But there’s more……since we are going to ship our things back, we decided we might as well fill up the whole container. Whaisee and I decided to buy a few kitchen items that we could ship back as well. Household electrical goods…costs cheaper here compared to home.

And so we each got ourselves some basic kitchen items….I even got my mom one of those deluxe size rice cooker that can feed 20-30 pax. At least when we have family gatherings, she doesn’t have to use 2-3 pots. The cost? 1/3 cheaper than home. Whaisee got herself one of those super-duper food processor and mixer. And each of us also got our coveted pressure cooker. Much cheaper here…really!!!

In between a couple of stops at Dermalogica and Ikea in Causeway Bay, by some miracle…we found another gem of a shop. It was an optical shop. This was the highlight of my day. I got myself a new pair of glasses….not just any glasses but a Prada, something which I have been eyeing for the past few months! Am in cloud nine…. Not only that, Whaise got a 2 pairs of matching Aviators for her and hubby. It was soooo worth it!

Excellent service, very very reasonable $$$$....this shop has just got another loyal customer…..
Ms Wannabe!!!!!!

A productive shopping day……..
Ohhhhh what an adrenalin rush!!!
Ms Wannabe is fully cured from her ‘ailments’........

No comments: