Thursday, April 23, 2009

The farewell festivities......

As John Denver said,

All my bags are packed ...I'm ready to go....

Well....most of my bags are packed and I'm ready to go but I have a few more days left....the bulk of the items have been packed, picked up by the movers and most probably sitting in a container on some ship heading to Port Klang. I only have 10 days worth of clothings, couple of shoes and 2 bags with me waiting for my actual departure which should be on 3rd May.


We finally moved out of the the Vantage Park apartment a week back. I'm used to moving up and about all my life so it wasn't that melancholy. However, a week before we moved out, we had our last small dinner at the house. That was quite funny coz earlier that day the table had been sold and picked up and when our guests came....it was dining a'la Japanese style.




Luckily I had my big Shinco TV box and that doubled as our dining table. The irony of it, we started our first 'dinner' do on that table box 2 years ago with Samantha and friends who came over from KL as our first dinner guests and we had our last dinner using that box as well.
As they say.....back to basics.....


Finally we gave our respective house keys (sob..sob...) back to our landlord and got our rental deposit back (hurrah!!!). Thank GOD for that!!!! It helped to pay my income tax. I managed to break even my stay here. Mind you, i should have saved so HKDDDSSSSSS after being here for 2 years but unfortuntaely....i feel that it is my duty to contribute to the HK economy. Its a win-win situation....i'm happy that I have managed to helped the independant boutique owners of HK and some friendly and pro-active sales girls got to make their commisions....they have earned it.
I'm glad at least I'm not in the red....(let's leave the credit card out of this okay....)


And so....the past week have been a whirlwind of catching up with old friends and colleagues. I was soo touched with all the efforts and gentures that some of my old close friends have made. It is a pleasant surprise when you never expected anything and suddenly...Voila!!! The faces you never expected to see, came all the way and surprise you.


Janet and Carmen...thank you girls! You came all the way and I truly appreciated it very much....Thanks heaps Kaman for arranging everything and giving me the idea that it will only be a quiet evening for us. Julie truly rocked the evening. Wished Naomi was there too. And had there been Philip, Sandra and Robert....we would have laughed the whole place down that night. This is the dream team to work with and among my FAV people in MTM....too bad they are not in MTM anymore....





This was followed with an indulgent and luxurious brunch at the Watermark with my 2 bestest 'girls', Kaman and Karen. A beautiful place, classy setting, delicious food, great company followed with a productive quick shopping spree .........Ms Wannabee is happy!!!

And so...the farewell do's shall continue till Ms Wannabes's last day in Hong Kong.....


Kaman and Karen showing off thier 'gifts'...
My and my girls....










No comments: