Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Prodigal Daughter Returns

Yeah....I'm back in tanah air tercinta.....back for good?? OR....

Until the next good offer comes along??? OR...

Until somebody foreign, good looking, successful, rich, sensitive new age kinda guy, independant (and not overly attached to his family especially his mom) whisk me off my dainty feet (yes! size 5.5 can still be considered daity okayyy) in his private jet (oh alright...., I'll settle for Business Class in commercial aircraft) and take me back to his homeland far, far away from here......(maybe to his chateau or palace perhaps??).....

Who knows eh??? There is always a possibility of that happening.....hahaha!!!!


And so for the time being, I'll stay put, be a good daughter, sister, aunty and employee. Oh...and also employer, since I have also just engaged a full-time domestic helper in the house. Oh yes....we are moving up..


Coming back to the office here is not much different either. I'm back in the same office with same colleagues. For the past weeks I've had more laughters (in the office here) than I had for the past 2 years in HK office. Can't say it was a bad experience, there were some good times too and some good people that I love. But its just different.....in KL, my colleagues are my extended family.

Yeah, have to say that it is good to be back......by today, my third week of being home, it feels like I've never been away!

The weather has been relentlessly hot and scorching since i arrived. Had I arrive in July it wouldn't have been too bad when its the height of summer in HK but i left HK when it was just a pleasant 20-24degrees celcius and arriving in KL, it was 32degrees! So hot!!!!

Having the fan and aircond in full blast only made matters worse. The moment you are out of the room or out of shower, you are engulf in hot, dry heat and you will just start to sweat like in sauna. Urgh!!! Sooo uncomfortable!

But....as usual........just as I was about to get used to the heat again....it started raining. S0 at least it's quite cool again. Sometimes, the rain came down in heavy downpours and windy...in HK, it would have been classified as Typhoon 3 or more or the coloured warning flags would have been hoisted.

In KL, noooo such warnings and the next thing you know....flash floods and horrendous traffic jams!!!

Talking of traffic jams, how can I forget!!!! After 2 years, an election and a new Prime Minister, it is still the same.......Federal Highway is chop-a-block with bumper to bumper vehicles day and night.

There is also a new highway behind my house, technically just next to my bedroom window. It is called Duke Highway that links somewhere to somewhere----- I can hear vehicles whizzing pass around the clock. But thanks to HK, I am used to the noise now.

My parents, poor them are still trying to get used to the traffic sounds and complaint can't sleep....I, on the other hand....despite the noise and all, cocconed under my tatty old blanket and comfortable mattress......can sleep all night long and all day long...........

I guess that is something that my parents realised never change about their one and only daughter whenever she comes home......she can sleep like a log.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And the prodigal daughter is finally home!



PS: Dear Karen.....Thanks for the title :)-

No comments: