Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Farewell Hong Kong

Prologue....Good bye Hong Kong.

How time flies....after 2 years enjoying life as a single, independant, successful (hhmm...hmmm...) woman of the millenium in the vibrant city of Hong Kong, I am being called back home to Kuala Lumpur.

I didn't expect to be sooo well-liked to deserve even a party but surprisingly.....I was in for a few pleasant surprises. There were a few rounds of farewell parties that I did not expect to have and I came back with a bagful of little gifts and trinkets from well meaning friends and colleagues.

A million thanks to the my friends, colleagues and ex-colleagues for brigthening up my life especially the past 2 years. Thank you also for your kind notes and messages to bid me farewell and made my daily life bearable. To the 'local' friends, I'm glad to show you the parts of HK that you didn't know existed (dinsum at the canteen mosque, Ma's restaurant...). Live and learn my friends....
However, can't truly say that the past 2 years have been perfect and rosy either....but I shall not dwell on the bad times or the individuals that have crossed my path the wrong way...Those are best forgotten. Live and learn.....remember the good times, forget the bad times.
I was very happy and deeply touched with my final moments in Hong Kong....
Beautiful days with clear blue sky + company of my beloved and trusted friends = Priceless memories......
Not even the prospect of potential quarantine due to the swine flu could mar good spirit.
Fare'thee well Hong Kong.............
Ms Wannabee left Hong Kong on 03 May, 2007 on CX 721 with fond memories of her favourite places, shops and friends. Fear not......this is not the last of her. She will be back again!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: