Monday, September 28, 2009

Hari Raya Family Reunion & Penang....

My biggest and main weakness....procastination...took hold of me again and I kept on postponing updating this blog. Not for the lack of things to write about but I was just plain lazy! No other reasons....this laziness is not doing any good at all....have been sleeping more, working less and you can see that from my continuously tickening waistline and chubby face.....urgh...nevertheless, I'm still hot! (hahah!!!)

Okay, the fasting month came and went...there was that trip to Seoul, back to HK and Xian...a superb trip and big success if I may say so myself. After that, after 2 years... its back to ramadhan at home and a big raya do with my beloved family.

After more than 10 years of partial get togethers, it was full house this time. My parents finally managed to have all the 3 sons with respective daughter in-laws, daughter (still no husband), all the 7 grandsons and 1 grand-daughter for a get-together on the first day of Hari Raya. What a joyous, happy and (not to mention very noisy) occasion it was....

I contributed my part this time. yeah...it was good to have everybody under one roof. However, as much as I love my family, I still need my own time. I've was the good daughter, sister and aunty for that week and with that done and over with, I managed to slip off to Penang for a few days of frenzied eating and pampering with my 2 close buddies.
What a gastronomic trip it was....Thanks also to Azmer and Allen for showing more good places to eat. Gurney Drive was no exception of course....we went there in pouring rain and yet still managed to eat to our hearts content. Nasi kandar, nasi padang, Sawtow Lane and Penang Road ice kachang and cendols and of course, to satisfy Karen's craving, durian on the way to Balik Pulau.
Apart from eating, it was also a self-indulgent trip for 3 of us. We ate, we went to spas, we have scrubs and massages from hotel spas to beach-side massages....and the hotel...it was a marathon of luxurious hotels. I wanted to try different experiences and the 4 nights were spent at the swanky boutique G Hotel, luxurious Rasa Sayang with a bathtub in the balcony and the elegant E&O hotel with our own 'butler'...wow!!!!!! I WAS SOOOO BORN FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
After the 'high' of the past week, Ms Wannabee is slowly coming down back to earth ......

No comments: