Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year! Looking back and moving forward

Happy New Year!!!!! 2010..…I wonder what lies in store for me???? Too many questionS, I wish I have all the answers.
Oh well….that’s how it’s gonna be. Wait and see…life won’t be much fun if you have all the answers.

To reflect the past year…after 2 years of living on my own and enjoying my immerse freedom of not answering to anybody, I came back to the lively (and chaotic, and sometimes claustrophobic and quite frustrating ) bosoms of my beloved family.

Life has to change its course again and I have to grin and bear it. Though I have to admit that if not for the endless patience and understanding of my close buddies, I would have turn and fled. Thanks for listening to my constant winging and whining, moaning and groaning (not the sexual type mind you!).

Looking back.....

2009 and Friends

Friends came and gone. You don’t realize how dependant you are on that daily chats, phone calls and messages and when the daily contacts ceased…..when it is not there anymore….you have to accept that you are not central in the other person’s life anymore. It is time to learn to let go and move on. In that letting go process, one can’t help but go through that psycho-analyses cycles of what went wrong, how, why? Why? Why????? But enough is enough…. why put yourself through this misery. We can’t control the changes around us just as we can’t control evolution. What we can control though….are our reactions and emotions…(wow! I sound just like one of those motivational speakers, don't I?)

And so…the practical side of Ms Wannabee took over, she cuts her loses and move on. No point to dwell on such things when you don’t have the answers. No one is blameless, we are all selfish in the sense that we want it all to fit every corners in our lives. Unfortunately, we can’t have it all, and we can’t have it the way we want it to be. We may hurt some people in the process but that can’t be help.

Coming back to friendship, as long as you are sincere, I’ll be there as your friend. I’ll try to play that true friend bit…listen, accept, understand and be there when needed. If I can’t accept it, I’ll be there …..that’s the least I can do. As friends, we will be honest and open with each other, even if the truth hurts…don’t punish your friends for being honest and truthful….at least they are not hypocrites. To accept or not…that’s your prerogative but don’t take your friends for granted. They may just decide to move on….without you.

2009 and Career
I’m at a crossroad in my career life. As much as I would like to take control and decide which way to take, it is not my decision…yet. Have to wait for the powers that be to decide…it’s frustrating isn’t it…when you are dependent on other forces to shape your life. Such is the world we live in….. If you don’t want to depend and answer to other people…take the courageous road and be your own boss. Unfortunately, the Ms Wannabee in me does not have such gumption. It is much easier to be employed and let these organizations take care of the paper trails and payroll matters.

Back to that crossroad, I can’t go into details now but wish me luck. If it is indeed meant to be, we will soon know about it. If not….I’m still happy being where I am (ha.ha.ha.)

2009 and Luuvvvvv
????? Bring forward to 2010. Ditto.

2009 and Finance
Just like the stock market…it was down, marginally up and down again. Mostly down for most part of the year due to excessive and lavish personal indulgences that were deemed to be necessary at such times. The rational was that, it was too good a bargain to pass and yes! It was so much so. What a treat and what great bargains they were (dreamy sigh…..).

No long term regret in this matter. Overall speculation, I’m still a liability to my future wealth rather than an asset.

2009 and Fitness
Bootcamp. Yeah…if anything, I would say that this is the the most significant part of my life now. It changed my life forever!

I’m still far from my quest for size 10 bikini but that doesn’t matter. At least I know I’m doing something right with my personal fitness (and health) now. HOO YAH!!!

Best bits of 2009
- This pink viao, of course;
- The beautiful days spent in HK (Mui wo, Discovery Bay, Big Wave Bay, Stanley, Robinson Road)....with much joy and bantering with my close buddies...I LOVEEEEEE YOU GUYS!!!!!!;
- Post-raya trip in Penang with Bard and Karen…the food and the luxuries that came with it and most importantly, the great company!!! ……



Moving forward 2010
Let’s hope this New Year will bring new changes in our lives. Changes can’t be avoided, its how we adapt to it that matters. Be it good or bad, we’ll deal with it. New career….. new house….new car….new friends….. new love?????? Who knows?
We shall wait and will see….

Ms Wannabee wishes everybody a Happy and Successful New Year!!!

PS: Had a wonderful new year in HK although I was still sick and caughing like mad at that time. Also managed to catch up with all the significant people in my life who are in HK (except for Bard) and truly enjoyed the girls' time-out in Stanley on new year day. Thanks for that Karen.

Missed you Bard, Happy Birthday! Hope everything will go well in your life again. Take care....

No comments: