Friday, January 8, 2010

Bigots and fanatics.

What have my country come to????? It is soo sad and dissapointing to hear about the arson cases today. It is not Ms Wannabee's style to comment about political or religious issues but in this case, I think I'll give my 5 cents worth of opinion.

Living in multi-racial and muti-religious country we have to understand and respect each other. Only FANATICS and BIGOTS Would do such a cowardly acts. No holy books be it Quran or Bible asked us to kill people or burn the place of worship of other religion. To go to such an extent (of burning the church) in the name of upholding our religion is just not the right way. This is not the way to gain respect at all.

I have always been a minority whereever I go, ever since I started school. Yeah...there were some minor prejudices along the way....but we live through it and don't make a big issue out of it. Most often, this is caused by IGNORANCE rather than any other reasons. Perhaps our government have to look at our education system again. We should be tought to UNDERSTAND different religions not merely to tolerate those other religions around us (without proper understanding). What we have done all this time is just tolerating but obviously, from what have happend the past few years.... that is not enough.

I know it is easier said than done. I'm quite liberal minded, it is easy for me to accept other things with open mind. But if people around you are very conservative, other cultures would always be treated with caution and suspicion...and full of negative connotations.

Well...that is just my 5cents worth of thoughts. Again I know it is easier said than done...but for the life of me...I just don;t understand what do you get from burning building or chopping cow's head??????????????

Ms Wannabee prays for world peace.....

No comments: