Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Badminton and Tennis Ace Wannabee

Oh, ya! Also not to be forgotten are the Friday night tennis and Saturday morning badminton games. That was first initiated by Bard and Linda and now have nearly become the weekly norm.

Okay, sports is not one of Ms Wannabee’s strong points. I am pacing myself very very slow here…. started from contributing the ‘after games’ bites (as opposed to playing). Like baby steps, I have now ‘gingerly’ started to participate as well.

Have never really involved in ‘sweaty games’ in my ‘younger’ days…thanks to my over conservative parents (then) and ignorant brothers who always left me out of their tennis, badminton, ping pong game plans.

The only contact I have with a badminton games back then was to ‘borrow’ the net as one of my props in my themed events (fisherman village theme) while in college and the only use I had for the ping-pong table back home was to use it as my outdoor buffet table….ha ha…much to the horror of my brothers who complaint that I spoilt the table for good. Well…good for them!!!! (bad, evil thoughts…)

But now…..…..thanks to the encouragements of the Sports Committee (namely Bard and Linda), it is never too late to get started. And so….here I am. Uber Cup and Wimbledon, here I come!!

Ms Wannabee wanna get sweaty….(but not dirty)

No comments: