Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

As Frankie said, 'and now...the end is near....'



That is how I am feeling now, a bit nostalgic but at the same time excited to welcome a brand new year. It has been an eventful year, especially with relationships and friends.

Some friends came and gone but more new ones came (what a drama it has been!),

the expected relationship blossomed then wilted and died unexpectedly (better now than later and life goes on...),

two friend got married (happy for them of course),

another friend separated (sad...sad...but you gotta pick up the piece and go on with life),

one or two got new babies ( i lost/couldn't be bothered to count anymore),

two friends left the security of their jobs and embarked on their own business (scary! But my hat off to you guys...you have the guts to do it!)

an aunt, uncle and a cousin brother passed away peacefully (may His Almighty bless their souls).



Thanks to facebook, old relationships were rekindled, previous scholmates found each other (though iWelcoming at first but, there are one or two that I really don't want to come across to anymore...and this are the ones that managed to find me!)



On the job front, it was quite okay. Not as bad as last year coz I got the additional help that I wanted but it was exciting nevertheless.

Did not imagine that I will step foot in Japan but 2 trips to Sapporo this year was really worth it! Also, having Bard and Linda joining me in Xian made it the best post-meeting holiday ever!

Where else? Oh ya, Brunei was totally unexpected, it was my second trip there after more than 10 years and Shanghai.....i loved it, 2 times this year!



But most of all, now I enjoy the luxury of leaving the office ontime on most days.

And have also got on better undertanding with my immediate superior. I don't love her but at least....we understand each other better now.

2008.........some tears were shed but more laughter came. Yeah...we learnt one or two more lessons in life and learnt to appreciate the unappreciated a bit more. Oh! More importantly, i have learnt to be more selfish (as opposed too giving ) and more evil (from being too kind).

Don't mess with me now...or you shall be eliminated!! haha!!! Actually, its just corwardly move of deleting people from my fb (which is rather childish, I must say) but hey, that's my perogative. I don't want to be a hypocrite and I will do whatever I want to do....

But i still try to be a better person....like a wrote earlier, a better friend, a better daughter, a better worker, a better person.... I will try to be more patient and understanding towards demanding colleagues, clinging family members, sensitive or inconsiderate friends. But don't push me too far....or..... i'll delete you!

So tonite, like last year a few of us will get together to cheer Mimi and his fitness show,followed with dinner then the countdown at a secret venue. I can't write now coz this is supposed to be a surprise to my dear friends. All that they have been told is that it will be at an exclusive private venue......hehehe......if only they know.....

Till then....

Good bye 2008......... well hello 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ms Wannabee wants to party tonite!

No comments: