Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I just wannabe free!!

Another couple of days and it is another birthday for me……I’m just too free this time, can’t help but dwell on it.

Another year older, none the wiser…..

Am starting to get the blues. Hence the poetic attempt (vol. 1). Oh well…..

My housemate is getting her pre-wedding jitters
and I’m having my pre-birthday jitters…go figure….

Women…..when can we ever stop being answerable to soo many people (parents, siblings, friends………)
So many people to answer to
So many people to please
So many traditions to uphold
So many obligations to fulfill

Why do we put up with it?
Do we really have to put ourselves thorough all this miseries?
But we all know the answer to that, don’t we?

We don’t really have to but somehow….whether we like it or not, we get suck-up into it.
It is expected of us…….
More so because we are too kind, too giving, to loyal, too generous with our love and affection to our close ones, be it family or close friends………………
It’s in our gene….. We are just too nice!

We just want to please everybody and more often than not it is at our own expanses (physically and emotionally)

Sometimes I’m just so tired of pleasing everybody, keeping a smooth surface for fear of ruffling a few feathers,
I just couldn’t care to be seen confident when I am so unsure of myself and I don’t really know what I’m supposed to be doing…..

I just don’t want to care, I just want to be selfish and think only of myself and hopefully someone else will take care of the rest….(including me?)

I just wannabe be free!!!!!!

No comments: