Friday, November 14, 2008

Friends or foe?

I grew up in about 11 places, 10 states, 3 countries;

I studied in 2 primary schools, 4 secondary schools, 3 colleges and 1 uni;

Despite the number of places that I have been to, I only keep a small number of friends. Surprising eh?

There are many type of ‘friends’ that I have met and befriended, some are for keep and some are………. not worth at all.
One thing for sure, it doesn’t matter what religion, what race or colour or what social standing the person is….it is their heart that matters.
My true friends accept me they way I am, will tell me off if I f__k up, do not judge me or force to do anything I don’t want to do but most importantly, will have faith in whatever I do….

I have 2 friends who are the complete opposite of me in everyway is and after nearly 7 years we are now soul sisters;

I met a girl whom I bullied mercilessly when we were 9 years old but she is the person whom I could turn to for sound advise and never judges me for all the stupid and reckless things I have done;

I met a friend who I disliked instantly but now he is the person whom I can wake at 3.00 a.m. if I can’t sleep and need someone to talk to;

I met several friends who were in need of something (jobs, money, car to use,….), after I helped them, they disappeared. But not all….. There were also one or two who pledged their next generations to me. And there is also one or two who came back to me after all these years and still mentions my ‘kindness’….I feel like an angel to this people…(as if!)

I met a ‘friend’ whom I clicked with instantly. She used to call me 3 times a day (in addition to the texts messages and emails) and started planning my life, whom I should marry and where I should live……. (yeah, to that extend! Even my parents do not have that far a plan for me!!)

After 3 months we grew apart, then the daily phone calls ceased.
Just because of we disagreed on different circle of friends….
One day I received a text message informing me that they "could not ‘hang out’ with us anymore"…… How childish was that?

After 6 months we became strangers. No more communications and when met each other we acted like strangers.
After 12 months I removed her and her hubby from my facebook. Then I was called an "Immature B...h".

From friends to foes……..that is one of life’s vicious cycles. You can’t win ‘em all…eh?

I do not want to be a hypocrite anymore. I can’t please anybody and I do not want to do that anymore – pleasing everybody (that was one of my new birthday resolutions, btw).

Call me a cold, mean b…h. I don’t care…………I want to be selective with my friends.

The funny thing is I guess the hubby is angry with me NOT because I deleted them from my friends’ list but because being the competitive person that he is, I did it FIRST instead of them.
They have earlier removed me from all their social activities, that was fine with me.
I just made it official for them by deleting them from my fb altogether. Problem solved!

Guess they didn’t like it that I beat them to the punch.
Too bad…..Ha ha ha!!!!!!!!! (Loud, evil laugh...)

Ms Wannabee wants to be a mean, cruel and vindictive evil b….h !!!!!! (but she will still pray for world peace)........

No comments: