Monday, November 3, 2008

Ms Wannabee's Poetic Attempt (Vol 1)

Believe......

When life gets sad

When life gets confusing and questionable
When life is an endless chore of pleasing others
Of keeping a smiley face through pain
Of being cheerful through hurt and disappointments
Of being an optimist instead of pessimist

Of smiling and laughing when I just want to cry and scream

I look inside myself and think….

Okay...
Is it so bad?
Is this too sad?

How many happy days were there compared to sad days?
Were there more tears than laughter?
Was there more failure than success?
Was there more darkness than light?
Did the sadness outweigh the happiness?

I guess I have to count my blessings
I am healthy not sick
I am well to do not poor
I have a job not jobless
I have friends not alone
I have a family not orphan
I have a home (several homes in fact) not homeless
I have money (though may not be enough to get me the LV) but not penniless (can still get that Agnes’ B)
Though it may not be designer labels, I have a wardrobe for four seasons not only one
Though it is not a 20/20 vision, I have my sights, not blind
Though I may not shoot balls through hoops, I have hands, not crippled
Though I may not run in the Olympics, I have feet, not lame
Though I may not get into American Idols, I have voice not mute
Though I may not have bionic ears, I have a good hearing, not deaf

So I should be thankful
When life’s path seems too long and seems bleak
When the dreams seems unending
When everything seems meaningless

Can’t let our miseries get hold of us
Can’t let our fears hold us back
Can’t let regrets make us afraid
Can’t let failures make us stop

This is just a set-back
This is just a delay
This is just a hitch
This is just a hiccup
This is just a test

When the dreams you had somehow seem lost, don't ever give up
Be patience

You are already halfway there
Keep smiling
Keep working
Keep your wits about you
Keep your spirits above you
Keep on believing in yourself
Keep your faith in God

Don’t forget who you are
Don’t give up
Don’t’ run and hide
Don’t turn back
Don't be sad


Everything is possible if only you believe
Believe in yourself
Believe in your faith
Believe in God

Believe in Ms Wannabee…………

1 comment:

bard said...

wow!!! u becoming more creative!! hahahaha....