Monday, November 9, 2009

The Bootcamp Battle begins

I never knew that I have a sado-masochism streak in me. This week is the third week I put myself through physical torture and agony that is the Bootcamp. When I told my brother about the bootcamp activities, instead of motivating me and telling me what a strong girl I am, all he waid was "..and you are paying them for this?"
Hmm...I dunno how to answer that.

Somehow the quest for size 10 bikini seemed as ludicrous as it could be. But one thing for sure, I can't back off now. This is do or die situation. I just want to give my best shot and see how far I could go. At the moment, still no where because I am still amonsgt the last to finish each exercise.

Now, for 3 mornings each week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 5.45 to 6.45am, I struggled bleary eyes out of bed and make my way to Padang Merbuk at Tasik Perdana. This is the KL Alpha Team. If anybody is late or AWOL, then the whole team gets the punishment. Talk about "one for all, all for one"....if anybody is caught cheating (walking instead of running...or not following orders), the rest will have extra time added to their 'torture' (exercise).

The first week was a trial week...I came home each time covered in mud (head to toes!)with aches and pain...Walking, sitting down, getting up is so painful (everywhere!)..going up and down the stairs is the worse! I feel like a heavily pregnant women (no that I know how a pregnant women feels like since I have never been pregnant).

I supposed all those unused muscles for the paST 37+ years have finally been put to use. It has yet to get better...but this is hardly the first month and I still have 3 and half more months to go!

However, as much as I hated the pain...each time when the class is over...one feels soo proud and elated for having achieved such feat. Yeah, I call it a feat coz I never knew I could do such things!!

The trainers (Sarge and Corporal) really knows how to push you. They seem cruel and relentless on the field but I guess they know what they are doing and they know your limit and will push you over and over again.

Physically, as much as I hated the pain...I think I must have improved myself a bit, and now, I could say that I have some decent stamina now compared to 3 weeks ago. In the first trial....I spent most of the time laying down on the ground (next to my vomit) but in the 2nd and 3rd trial...I managed to stay up. That was a real motivation...

For 3 mornings each week, we struggle with grunts, lunges, push-ups, sit-ups, squats, running, jumping, sandbags, rifle (pvc tube filled with concrete, that weighs a tonne when you are really tired), ropes (yeah! weighs a tonne too when you really have no more energy to lift and carry it around), tyres (not the car type but those big tractors type. i couldn't even move it in the first week but I was shocked when I found that I managed to flip it last week!!!)and God knows what else awaits us. It sounds really easy but believe me...only if you are in this bootcamp, you'll know how scary those things are!

Come rain, hail or snow....there is no excuse. I have really outgrown my OCD nature. There is no such thing as wet tissue or sanitiser. As it is a wet season in KL now..the field is wet and muddy. And so, at the end of each class...yours truly will stagger out of the field tired out of her bones, completely bedraggle and covered in mud (and who knows what else!) from top to toe. Luckily I have a very good and diligent helper at home. She will dutifully clean my muddy clothes, shoes and socks (yes, the mud seeped into the socks too)and have them clean and dry before each class. I really must give her an extra allowance for this.

And so...my personal battle continues. Worse come to worse...there is always Marie France and Philip Wain but I realise that as long as I can still push myself physically, I will continue. The trainers and team members are equally supportive too....and I know they are other team members as weak as me.

No matter what, I shall reach my aims for agility, strength and that size 10 bikini by the end of this 4 months. And I shall be one of the prime examples of "remember that lady who collapsed during the warming up session in her first trial....?"

Till then....as they shout at the end of each session...HHOOOO YEAH!!!!!!!

No comments: