Friday, September 12, 2008

I want to be a mommy!

A close friend recently informed me that the reason she came to HK is to mend a broken heart. I was flabbergasted. I thought her reason for coming to HK is for career advancement and to be a powerful, successful, corporate raiding career woman. Her response was,

Career woman? What career?? I just want to be a mommy!”
Blimey….these’s another serious wannabe here :)

I was flabbergasted! In my eyes she is the model for independent, successful, confident single woman. But all she ever wants to be is a mommy…..who would have thought?

I just wannabe a tai-tai but never thought of being a mom. That is such a big step! I can’t even find a suitable egg donor to make me a mom……And I can’t even take care of myself, let alone take care of my kid. Scary thoughts!! I’ll cross the bridge when I’m there…..

Oh well….sometimes we have to make the most out of the situation we are in. Most of the times (for me, that is), work is a means of escapism. Make that best of it. Other avenues in life may not be progressing as well as it should be, but where work is concerned, when you give it a full throttle, you will move ahead. Not to say that I love my work but it’s a means to an end.

I’m just bidding my time till I become a tai-tai. I’m not much of a women’s lib advocator. If somebody wants to take care of me and pay my bills, please, please by all means please do so...

I will be most graciously honoured, my lord (me, acting coy and batting my eyelashes).

But meanwhile……….. I have my work to content with.

With work I get my pay
With my pay I get my Prada
With my Prada……I’ll be happy and gay........Hurrah!

1 comment:

bard said...

time to tell!! hahaha....well tak semua org same in their mission. yeahhhhh!! with work we got pay..and with pay we get the things we wants!! well....not all...but still....i'm happy with my life here!