Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Okay...where do I start? I'm not sure what to write, sometimes there are too many to jot down, or should I say to type...but what should be written and what shouldn't?
What is personal and what is not?? And should I write using names or not???
Can I bitch about things/people that I don't like?????
Endless questions......

One thing that I know is that I like to record and and i'll email my 'updates' or personal stories to my close ones and they always tell me, "start your blog la....". And that was nearly 2 years ago, since I arrived here in HKG. Jess, Wenfen, Anne, Poa, and now Bard.....too many fans...hahaha...so I better make an effort. So this is for your reading pleasure my dear friends. Thank your for your encouragements. Well...here I am!

Guess there is a turning point in everyone's life and mine started since I arrived here....the New York of the East....or sooo they said. In my first description to my friends back home upon my arrival I wrote, "imagine Petaling Street 100 times more bigger and with hundred times more people!".

That's what I call Hong Kong.....land of shoebox sized apartments...oh well, only if you are in the middle income group like yours truly....I was resigned to living in one but I have been lucky. Managed to get another friends who earns more than me and the rest like they say...is history. But it won't be for much longer but I shall deal with that when the time comes (which will be by mid next year). Then it's back to another hunt for a confortable shoe-box size dwelling fro me. Okay, that's another story.

I guess this will be my personal journal, my memoirs of my ups and downs since being here, the people I have met who I have befriended and also un-befriended. It's soo funny, within this year I have met so many colurful characters which reminds me of the kindergarden years (the 'my friends' and 'not-my-friend' anymore) saga.

I can't begin to tell how funny and sad this year has been... such a turning point in my life...I have never met so many 'friends' of my same race, not even back home in Msia (very much to the amusement of my close friends and family). Even since schooling days, I have always been to schools where malay is the minority, except in one state but that was only for a few months and I loathed every minute of it but I did get one or two close friends eventually.

Oh well....now I really know how to 'bermasyarakat' with my own race, of all places, in Hong Kong!! Guess I have always been a liberal outsider but now I am a little bit more experienced. I am proud to say that I have experienced the melayu conflicts and dramas.......its laughable...sad but true....

But I shall not go into the details of it, too personal nor do I want to dwell on it. What passed , has passed, like I always say...."its water under the bridge". No more negative thoughts........whoever have wrong me, past and present.....it's over, done with. Forgive and forgotten? Errr, those are different matters...I am a scorpoin after all!

Perhaps its the holiness of the month, we are in the midst of blessed Ramadhan, hence the holier than thou attitude....maybe in few weeks time I change again??? Who knows? I am a woman afterall, that's our perogative.

But I want to be a better person/ daughter/ sister/ friend/ colleague/ submordinate/ superior, a better malay, eventually a better moslem. Hencefourth, I shall work at this new resolution. InsyaAllah.....

Hence the title of this blog 'Wannabee'........

Happy reading my friends............

2 comments:

bard said...

glad to read your writing! keep writing...it's more beautiful words coming out sometimes that we never realise can touch ppl hearts...and in your blog...we can be what we wanted to be...isnt it cool? hahahaha

Ms Wannabe said...

Thank you, thank you.... It feels so good to finally have an avenue to voice my thoughts (instead of bercakap aje...) I wouldn't have done it without your push. Thanks again, for the moral support and adv, especially the past couple of months....