Friday, September 12, 2008

Self-righteous and downtrodden

"Why did you have to sound so self-righteous in your blog? And what's this about downtrodden?"

That came from a close critic......... Yes, the person has a point. I guess one of the main reasons when I started here was to express my thoughts....and at that moment in time....I was feeling self-righteous and downtrodden. At that time I believed that I have the right to feel self-righteous and downtrodden....

But now I am feeling ambivalent towards the whole thing. Yeah, I was hurt emotionally....time heals....but I will not go around with a big chip on my shoulder. It's not that I haven't hurt other feelings before....maybe this is the come-uppence? What goes around shall go around.....Whatever it is, I have learnt my lesson. I will choose my friends with proper care....

I have let down some hopes and have hurt some feelings....... if I could undo those things that I did, I would have. But I would still have to hurt them (I'm very, very sorry) for I could not fulfill the hopes that they have for me. But I WOULD HAVE dealt with it in a more matured way...

I have been lucky to be forgiven. And till today, I truly value that friendship with certain individuals. I am thankful that I remain close with this people till today. Even though we are oceans apart and in different timezones ...I know they could be reachable anytime for a shoulder to cry on........They have accepted me the way I am, fault and all. For these dear, dear friends....thanks so much.

I have since removed 'downtrodden' from my profile. Thank you for reminding me, my dear. I wannabe a better friend....

No comments: