Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Epilogue, The Beginning (March 2007)


An email I rcvd from a dear friend, in response to my first update from Hong Kong:

“ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA me tried very hard to not laugh out loud reading this in me cubicle. sick la u :P so so so any cute guys yet?”

On 3/19/07, Yus <com> wrote:


My dearest friends, I missed you all!!!! I wish to share with you my chronology if events since my journey here yesterday. Hope this will make you all smile and think of me….. I miss you all!!! Waaaa!!!!!!!! L L L

Chronology of events:

Sunday,19 March 2007
10.00 am – Yus opended her bedroom door, bags packed and locked, ready to go…..went downstairs, had her last plate of home-fried nasi goreng

10.15 am – Last visitor came to say goodbye, got angpow in HK dollars. Yus very happy!!
10.40 am - Yus went round the house, final goodbye to her bed, room & toilet
10.45 am – Yus's dad shouted from downstairs, "Cici!!! dah lambat!!!! You are going to miss the plane!!!!"

11.30 am – Yus, dad, mom, youngest brother (he just arrived last nite, without his wife & baby) arrived KLIA. Yeah, all these people wanted to send Yus to airport. Oh, maid followed too.
Eldest brother and family already waited at airport.. Yus felt like she's going to Mekah for Haji instead of to HKG.
- Second brother cannot come coz his son is in hospital but he and family called later to say final goodbye (actually that was the 3rd goodbye call, after last nite and in the morning).
11.50 am – Flight and baggage check-in went smoothly. Girl at CX counter very nice, did not charged extra for the excess luggage. Yus mom took down her name, she wanted to send TQ note to her.
12.00 noon - Yus had her last bite of 'halal' Big Mac together with family. Big brother gave more angpow of HK
Dollars. Yus very very happy…..:)

1.00 pm – Yus said goodbaye to family. Tears were shed, started by eldest sister in law, followed by mom and maid. Yus can still control not crying but broke down when her eldest nephew said, "bye aunty, I'm gonna miss you"…Waaa!!!!!! (Airport drama scene unfold…). People looking….. Quite embarrassing….

1.15 pm – Yus whizz past the satellite building. Gosh!! MNG already opened in KLIA Satellite Building!! Damm, no time to shop coz got to board the place at 1.20pm. Oh well, blessing in disguise….next time…
1.30 pm – Yus got the her first jolt of Hongky accent, when she heard the steward going around the cabin and asked ", BRANket, BRANKET for you?, Do you want BRANKET??"
(BRANket = BLANket)

5.35 pm – CX 722 landed safely. Immigration clearance went smoothly, with no complicated questions.
6.50 pm – Arrived Wharney hotel. About 5 minutes walk from office only.
7.30 pm – Yus took a stroll outside her hotel. Gosh its cold!!! Yus thought it would be warmer but its 19degrees C.
Sweaters and thermal wear were not packed. Looks like Yus has to shop for warm clothing. Aisey… can get sick like this laaaa, have to go and buy some NEW sweaters/ jumpers (an excuse actually....hehehe)…..….
Yus remembered that there is a cheap clothes shop near the office, could take a walk there maybe can find something nice and cheap. But the shop closed, so Yus jalan jalan….. suddenly, then she saw something that made her eyes opened wide wide and she smiled to herself. She bet even WaiKin does not know this place…… it's a Factory outlet selling Cashmere items!!!!!! Yeah baby, yeah baby!!!!!!!!! Yus sooo happy!!! Its soo near somemore, don't have to take the train to Causeway Bay.

9.00 pm – Yus walked back to hotel with a small plastic bag in her hand (shop a bit only, not much). On way back from hotel, she saw 2 new kebab shops opposite hotel. Previously, there was only 1.
Now got 3 halal shops!! WOW!!! You all would not know the significance of this but that means dinner venues for the next 3 nights have already been decided! Yus getting happier J J J

Monday, 19 March


8.50 am – Yus walked in Dah Sing building. Suddenly, DAMMM! Yus forgotten which floor the office is. The door-women did not understand Yus’s question, luckily there is a directory board. 30 th floor. Okay, here I come!
- But so many people lining up in lobby, got fire drill early morning ka?? Oh no, not like that, actually the people were queing for the lift…. Very organized, this Hongkies….

8.55 am – reached the office. Rang the bell. Greeted by Betty, Yus’s new boss. Was taken around to meet whoever was there this morning. Actually not many since Tanya is not around (the MD), so a lot of people came late. But saw CL, he hugged Yus like greeting old friend only (surprise!)
- Met Lobert (Robert), he looks very matured ! But my my…..beautiful eyes….
- Saw Jamie, his hair cut reminded Yus of the Pusat Serenti inmates (exactly alike!)

9.00 AM – Yus was shown to her desk. URGHHHHH, very messy and dusty. This Yus cannot tahan. (She got Zebrina's desk which has been vacated for quite sometime).
Aiyaaahhh, why did I leave the LYSOL Lemon Scented Anti-bacterial Spray in KL!!! Should have brought it along with me!!!!!!!

12.30 noon – Lunch with Betty and Sam (Conference team).
Yus's prayer to her God, "Dear Lord, please forgive me… I may have to partake some dubious food items and could be 'haram' in nature….Amen"
----------------------------------------------

Well, that was how I started my day here. The old files and "Jesus Luvvs Me" mouse pad have been transferred to an empty desk behind me (that already looks like a dumping ground. So I piled more old files there, he he he) If I am free tomorrow, I will kemas that place pulak. Its an eyesore!


The keyboard is soooo dirty!! Its FILTHY!!!!! Got food stain and food crumbs!!!! Eeeuuuu!!!!! , I am really am dying to get those anti-bacterial spray today. Have nearly finished half a box of tissue. I don't even want to touch the drawer until I can get those spray!!!!

I miss my clean, germ free desk in MTMKL! It could get messy but I know its clean.

But most of all, I miss you all!!!!!
Anne Andrew, I miss your kindness and gentleness. You always look serene whenever the occasion;
Andrew, For as long there is a man like you, I will not give up looking for my own man;
Anne Michael, you are young and new but I like you for your bluntness and frankness;
Jessica, although you can be garang outside but I know you are kind and loving inside. I will miss your noises;
Vijaya, there is no mentor, boss, and friends like you…. Who will I look for advice now????
WaiKin, words failed to describe how I feel for you (in the most unlesbian way of course!). Besides, if you remember, I have already pledged my 7 generations to you.
Ho Hui, you will always be me guardian angel where looking young and hip is concerned. I will always look up to you for 'looking hip' advise. Please also remind me if I ever revert to my 'age' mentality and behavior (like washing the toilet on the morning of my departure, when I should be doing something else more important)
Wen Fen, your constant sadness and sorrow have always brightened up my days. Coz I know, there are other sad people than me. I luv you for being you, don't change….and FOR GOODNES SAKE, CHEER UP!!!!
Lots of loving feeling to each and everyone of you,
Yus (March 2007)

No comments: